All prices include VAT at 20% and are subject to an administration fee of 5.99%. *Season ticket with solo entry only.
Your entry fee includes the use of a GPS tracker for the duration of the event.
This is a wilderness event in some remote country. For safety we want to ensure we can keep track of where you are in addition to our normal monitoring processes. This system has the added advantage of your supporters being able to follow you online from basecamp or from the comfort of their armchairs at home. We separate out £10 from the entry fee to highlight that this piece of equipment is highly valuable and to draw participants attention to the separate terms and conditions that related to its use. Also, the tracker is not on all our events and therefore to keep the Season Ticket as low as possible it is separated out so that Season Ticket holders only pay for what they use rather than the Season Ticket price having to increase to take account of the significant tracker costs.
Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. We reserve the right to change this fee based on the processing costs at any time.
Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose.
This fee covers the costs of operating the following:
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20%
Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket
* Not applicable to all events